All On FourAn Overview
Whether you are missing one tooth, missing multiple teeth, have advanced gum disease or are just fed up with dentures, getting back a natural looking and functioning smile is easier today than ever before. As the dental implant process has evolved and materials have improved, patients can regain their quality of life with a beautiful, secure smile. Learn more about the benefits of dental implants.
East Hanover area dentist Dr. Ira Goldberg has been placing all types of dental implants for over 22 years. He has received advanced training from leading institutions and remains committed to continuing education in implant dentistry for the benefit of his patients. The transition from replacing a single tooth to securing dental appliances with dental implants has positively transformed outcomes for patients in many ways. The All On Four™ procedure enables an edentulous patient to achieve a beautiful new smile that is almost indistinguishable from natural teeth.
Learn More About Dental Implants:
All On Four What to Expect
All On Four VS Dentures: What To Consider
Choosing the right tooth replacement option can often seem overwhelming. The most important step is to choose a trained and experienced dentist who can offer a thorough evaluation of your oral health and fully explain the pros and cons of your most suitable options. Beyond aesthetics and comfort, there are important options to consider that can affect the longevity of your result. Dr. Goldberg has an in depth understanding of all types of implants and can guide you through the process of evaluating your options and identifying your unique lifestyle and health factors that can impact your long term result.
We take the time to educate you on all aspects of your tooth replacement options so that you can make an informed decision that suits your overall needs and goals. Our goal is to help you enjoy the best possible quality of life with a stable and healthy smile that also gives you back your sense of self confidence.
A Comparison of Dentures & All-On-Four®
- All-On-Four® can provide the most stable result and a permanent solution to missing teeth in just one appointment. However, there are certain situations where a traditional denture is best for your new smile, and only an experienced Implantologist can help you make this decision. A traditional denture has a “flange” of acrylic that an All-On-Four® does not, and this can be important if a person shows a lot of gum in their smile or has lost enough bone that extra acrylic is needed to prevent the face from collapsing. Dr. Goldberg will work with you to determine which will look and feel best.
- An upper denture will cover a significant part of the palate, which can interfere with taste and the experience of eating certain foods. All-On-Four® does not cover the roof of the mouth, so this problem does not exist.
- A lower denture is notorious for excessive movement. Because All-On-Four® is secured to implants, there is no movement at all.
- Chewing Ability: There is a significant difference with chewing power between implants and dentures: it is compromised with a denture.
- Bone Loss: Over time many patients experience bone loss with a denture and begin to notice changes in the fit. All-On-Four® can help to prevent this by supporting bone tissue stability. The implanted posts and the action of chewing work together to stimulate healthy bone cell growth in the jaw to retain natural structure.
Schedule a Consultation
Schedule a consultation with Dr. Ira Goldberg or Dr. Raj Upadya to discuss your dental health, cosmetic goals, and budget concerns to determine if all on four dental implants are right for you.