Porcelain VeneersAn Overview
Dr. Raj Upadya is a dentist in East Hanover, NJ trained in the latest cosmetic dentistry treatments to deliver beautiful, natural looking results. Porcelain veneers can improve the function and health of your teeth in addition to enhancing your natural smile.
Porcelain veneers are used in cosmetic dentistry to accomplish a number of goals. They can be used for subtle changes or dramatic transformations. A porcelain veneer is a thin, translucent shell of tooth-like material that is bonded to the front of teeth. Dr. Upadya offers porcelain veneers to patients who want to improve the beauty, health, or function of their teeth.
Porcelain veneers are used in cosmetic dentistry for a number of reasons including:
- Closing spaces between teeth
- Repairing chipped or broken teeth
- Covering stained or discolored teeth
- Repair worn down or aging teeth
In some cases, porcelain veneers can be used to correct the appearance of misshaped or crooked teeth and help you avoid orthodontic treatment.
Same Day Dentistry
Using sophisticated E4D technology, Dr. Updaya is able to complete many porcelain veneer procedures in a single visit. The E4D uses CAD/CAM capabilities to design and create a custom fit porcelain veneers. Same day dentistry saves the patient time and money and allows their tooth to remain protected and fully functional.
I love my teeth! They look so natural and I receive many compliments! This has truly been one of the best investments that I have made.Shannon D.
After years of pain, research and spending my life savings on looking for a cure, Dr. Upadya was the one. Thank you for getting by life back on track.Moe E.
Dr. Upadya is an artist. I couldn’t be happier with my teeth. He completely repaired my bite and now I can eat without any trouble.Mike C.
Porcelain Veneers What to Expect
The process for porcelain veneers takes place over several visits:
- Consultation & Evaluation – First, Dr. Upadya performs an initial consultation and evaluation. The dentist will inspect your teeth, gums and mouth and determine if porcelain veneers are right for you. Next, he will create a treatment plan that outlines your specific process to meet your cosmetic goals as well as address your health concerns.
- Preparation – Next, Dr. Upadya will prepare the tooth or teeth to accommodate the porcelain veneers. It will be necessary to remove a small amount of the natural tooth structure to allow adequate space for the porcelain veneers to fit inside your mouth. Dental impressions will then be taken to be used in fabricating your porcelain veneers. Your porcelain veneers will then be custom made in our office utilizing the E4D technology or in a dental lab.
- Final Fit & Cementation – If he is using the E4D technology, Dr. Upadya may create and then place your porcelain veneers in the same visit. If they are being made at a dental laboratory, Dr. Upadya may apply temporary teeth veneers, which are usually made of resin, to protect the teeth. The final porcelain veneers will be tried on your teeth and checked for comfort and esthetics. The dentist will make any minor adjustments if needed before permanently bonding the porcelain veneers to the teeth.
- After Care – Porcelain veneers require some special care. Dr. Upadya will review instructions with you and show you how to floss and brush the dental veneers. Routine dental care, including teeth cleanings and examinations, are important to ensure long term health and proper fit.
Schedule a Consultation
If you are interested in getting porcelain veneers in the Summit, NJ and East Hanover, NJ area, schedule an appointment online with Dr. Upadya. He will discuss your cosmetic goals and budget concerns to determine if porcelain veneers are right for you.